Beckhoff BK5200 PLC
Beckhoff BK5200 Overview: The BK5200 Bus Coupler connects the DeviceNet bus system to the electronic terminal blocks, which can be extended in modular fashion. One unit consists of one Bus Coupler, any number of up to 64 terminals and one end terminal.
The Bus Coupler operates on the basis of the CAN protocol. The DeviceNet standard on which the Bus Coupler is based allows the operation of diverse DeviceNet devices in one network. DeviceNet is based on a definition of communication objects for the exchange of data from the sensor/actuator area that is especially oriented to automation technology.
The Bus Coupler and Bus Terminals can be parameterized on a PC using the KS2000 configuration set. Commissioning is also possible without the KS2000. Corresponding EDS data files are available for DeviceNet configuration tools.
- Number of I/O stations: 64
- Data transfer medium: screened, twisted copper wire with power supply, 5-pin
- Max. cable length: 500 m 250 m 100 m
- Data transfer rates: 125 kbaud 250 kbaud 500 kbaud
- Operating modes: bit strobe, polling, cyclic, change of state (COS)
- DeviceNet type: communications adapter
- Digital peripheral signals: 512 inputs/outputs
- Analog peripheral signals: 256 inputs/outputs
- Configuration possibility: via KS2000 or the controller
- Data transfer rates: via Dip switch
- Bus interface: 1 x open pluggable connector, 5-pin, included
- Power supply: 24 V DC (-15 %/+20 %), through bus cable 11…25 V (conforms to DeviceNet specification)
- Input current: 70 mA + (total K-bus current)/4, 500 mA max.
- Starting current: approx. 2.5 x continuous current
- Recommended fuse: ≤ 10 A
- Current supply K-bus: 1750 mA
- Power contacts max.: 24 V DC/max. 10 A
- Electrical isolation: 500 V (power contact/supply voltage Bus Coupler)
- Weight approx.: 150 g
- Operating/storage temperature; 0…+55 °C/-25…+85 °C