Beckhoff EL3122 Module
The EL3122 analog input terminal processes signals in the range between 4 and 20 mA. The current digitised to a resolution of 16 bits and transmitted, electrically isolated, to the higher-level automation device. The input channels of the EtherCAT Terminal have differential inputs and possess a common, internal ground potential. The EL 3122 combines two channels in one housing. An open lead or overload condition detected. The terminal status relayed to the controller via the E-bus. The EtherCAT Terminal indicates its signal state by means of light emitting diodes. The error LEDs indicate an overload condition and a broken wire.
- Number of inputs: 2 (differential)
- Power supply: via the E-bus
- Technology: differential input
- Signal current: 4…20 mA
- Distributed clocks: yes
- Internal resistance: 85 Ω typ. + diode voltage
- Input filter limit frequency: 5 kHz
- Common-mode voltage UCM: 10 V max.
- Conversion time: ~ 50 µs (fast mode ~ 35 µs)
- Resolution: 16 bit (incl. sign)
- Measuring error: < ±0.3 % (relative to full scale value)
- Surge voltage resistance: 35 V max.
- Electrical isolation: 500 V (E-bus/signal voltage)
- Current consumption E-bus: typ. 170 mA
- Bit width in the process image: inputs: 8 byte
- Special features: standard and compact process image, activatable FIR/IIR filters, limit value monitoring.