CAN CBM Clock
CAN CBM Clock Overview:
The module CAN-CBM-Clock can link an external DCF77-clock signal receiver or an external GPS-receiver with the CAN bus. An additional internal real time clock (RTC) take over the transmission of the timestamp, if no external signal connected. The module operates with a MB90F543 microcontroller, which buffers the CAN data in a local SRAM.
The time information transmitted as timestamp to the CAN bus. The ISO 11898- compliant CAN interface allows a maximum data-transfer rate of 1 Mbit/s.The CAN interface electrically isolated by
optocouplers and DC/DC converters. It connects via a 5-pin screw/plug connector in Combicon style.
The module designed for hat-rail mounting. The connectors and status LEDs placed in the front panel. The linkage of the CAN bus to an external DCF77- or GPS-receiver is done via a serial interface. The physical layer of the serial interface is realized as an RS-232 interface.
- Serial interface for DCF77- or GPS (NMEA)-receiver
- Integrated real time clock (RTC)
- High-speed CAN interface acc. to ISO 11898-2, electrically isolated, 1 Mbit/s
- Transmission of timestamp in CANopen® format
- Direct fixing at DIN-EN carrier rail
- Microcontroller: MB90F543, 16 MHz
- Memory: 6 k x 8 bit SRAM,128 k x 8 bit Flash EPROM
- Serial controller: MB90F543-internal, 9600 kbit/s
- Physical interface: RS-232