SICK WL27 2S132 Photoelectric Sensor
A photoelectric sensor, or photo eye, an equipment used to discover the distance, absence, or presence of an object by using a light transmitter, often infrared, and a photoelectric receiver. They largely used in industrial manufacturing.
Photoelectric sensors, also known as photo eyes, emit a beam of light that is used to detect the presence or absence of items and equipment or changes in surface conditions. When the emitted light is interrupted or reflected by the object, the change in light patterns is measured by a receiver and the target object or surface is recognized. Photoelectric sensors are very common in industrial manufacturing fields such as material handling, packaging, food and beverage, medical, and many others.
- Intense visible red emitter LED with consistent light spot for PinPoint versions.
- Long sensing ranges with IR LED achieve up to 2500 mm.
- Precise background suppression for detection of multi-colored objects.
- Universal DC or DC/AC supply voltage.
- IO-Link provides access to sensor information and optimizes operating processes.
- Reflex Array Sensor: Minimum Detectable Object > 12 mm with a 50 mm detection area for the standard resolution variant.
- Reflex Array Sensor: Minimum Detectable Object > 5 mm with a 24 mm detection area for the high resolution variant.
- Classification: EX II 3D IP67 T70°C, EX II 3G EEx nA II T4 X according to Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX).
- Corresponds to category 3D/3G.
- Conform to standards and ready-to-install: Sensor + protective housing (stainless steel 1.4301).
- UL approval.
- Sensor/detection principle: Photoelectric retro-reflective sensor
- Housing design (light emission): Rectangular
- Switching output: Relay
- Type of light: Visible red light
- Light source: LED
- Adjustment: Potentiometer