Siemens Pressure Transmitter Sitrans P DS III
Sitrans P DS III Siemens Pressure Transmitter :
The Sitrans P DS III Pressure Transmitter is a digital transmitter used for gauge pressure, absolute pressure, differential pressure, flow and level, and it is suitable for installations in SIL applications in accordance with IEC 61508 / IEC 61511. With diverse communication options, and the innovative PROFIsafe technology, it guarantees the maximum in flexibility and safety. Some of the highlighted features of the Sitrans P DS III Pressure Transmitters are;
● Extensive diagnostics and simulation functions with PDM
● Accuracy ≤ 0.075 %
● Long-term stability ≤ 0.25 % / 5 years or even 0,125 % / 5 years
● Wetted parts in stainless steel 1.4404/316L, Hastelloy C276, Monel, Tantalum or Gold
● Measuring ranges from 1 mbar (0.4 inch H2O) to 700 bar (10,150 psi)
This specific instrument has HART communications, 4-20 mA output and silicon oil filled pressure cell. The P DS III Pressure Transmitter has an international design with high measuring accuracy. It has an electrical cable inlet with cable gland M20 x1.5.
- Span: 16 to 1600 mbar (6.424 to 642.4 inH2O)
- Max. static pressure: 160 Bar
- HART: Yes
- Process connection: 1/4 npt
- Mounting thread: M10
- Mounting Bracket: Stainless steel mounting bracket
- Net Weight (kg): 4.500 Kg
- Indicator: Housing cover with window
- Wetted Parts Material: Diaphragm stainless steel, measuring cell stainless steel
- Material of housing: Die-cast aluminium housing
The pressure transmitter can be used in a number of system configurations:
● as a stand-alone version, supplied with the necessary auxiliary power
● as part of a complex system environment, e.g. SIMATIC S7
Communication is via the HART protocol, using:
● HART Communicator (load 230 … 1100 Ω)
● PC with HART modem, on which appropriate software is installed, e.g. SIMATIC PDM (load
230 … 500 Ω)
● Control system which can communicate via the HART protocol, e.g. SIMATIC PCS7
Depending on the version, a transmitter measures corrosive, non-corrosive and hazardous
gases, vapors and liquids.
You can use the transmitter for the following types of measurement:
● Gauge pressure
● Absolute pressure
● Differential pressure
With appropriate parameter settings and the necessary add-on parts (e.g. flow orifices and
remote seals), the pressure transmitter can also be used for the following measurements:
● Volumetric flow
● Mass flow rate
The output signal is always a load-independent direct current between 4 and 20 mA.
You can install the “intrinsically-safe” or “explosion-proof” version of the transmitter in
hazardous areas. The devices have an EC type examination certificate and comply with the
appropriate harmonized European CENELEC directives.
Transmitters with remote seals of different shapes can be delivered for special applications.
For example, measuring high-viscosity substances is a special application.
This version measures aggressive, non-aggressive and hazardous gases, vapors and liquids.
The smallest span is 0.01 bar g (0.145 psi g), and the largest 700 bar g (10153 psi g).
Differential pressure and flow rate
This version measures corrosive, non-corrosive and hazardous gases, vapors and liquids. You
can use this version for the following measurement types:
● differential pressure, e.g. effective differential pressure
● Gauge pressure, suitable for small positive or negative pressure value
● in combination with a restrictor device: flow rate q ~ ∆p
The smallest measuring span is 1 mbar (0.0145 psi), the largest 30 bar (435 psi).