STT500GK16PT Sirectifier IGBT thyristor module
Featuring immunity to surges and transients in static states and commutations, our silicon-controlled rectifiers (SCR), also known as thyristors, are ideal for single- and three-phase power line networks, even in harsh environments up to 150°C.
In addition to AC, DC and capacitive ignitor circuits, these unidirectional switches are found in high-voltage industrial circuits as well as automotive equipment and all other segments where electromechanical relays are not operative or unreliable.Whenever a bidirectional switch function is needed at 40 A and more, a back-to-back SCR configuration will work with no compromise on the function/immunity.
The thyristor module turns on by applying a pulse current to a gate current.However, because it is a latch type semiconductor, the thyristor only turns on when a sustained current (holding current) reaches a set level.
To turn off in a DC circuit, the gate current must reduce below the holding current or reverse voltage has to be applied using a commutation circuit. In an AC circuit, the pulse current applied to the gate current whenever it is positive, because the gate current falls below the holding current and the thyristor turns off whenever the current alternates.
- International standard package
- Direct copper bonded Al2O3-ceramic with copper base plate
- Planar passivated chips
- Isolation voltage 3600 V~
- Motor control, softstarter
- Power converter
- Heat and temperature control for industrial furnaces and chemical processes
- Lighting control
- Solid state switches
- Welding machines/DC motor control
- AC motor control/NC control/static switches/electric furnace temperature control/dimming of lighting
- Simple mounting
- Improved temperature and power cycling
- Reduced protection circuits
- Type: Remote Control
- Current: 500A
- Power: 1600V